Tuesday, October 18, 2016

About the Blog...

I began blogging in 2005, deployed to Iraq in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom, then began a martial arts blog, Steven’s Training Hall, back in 2008. Time passed and my blogging output dwindled to almost nothing as other priorities came to the fore.

It is time, once again, to blog so I am starting over. Like my old dress green uniform, those early blogs belong to my past; they no longer "fit".  Over the next few weeks, I will relocate some old posts here that I feel are worth keeping.

This blog is intended to reflect my interests in combative and martial arts. A long time hobbyist, I began in my teens with high school fencing and shinai fighting at SCA events, a Korean composite art called Hap Do Sool, and Tony Gneck’s expression of Muay Thai. Since then I have studied Indonesian Pencak Silat and Indochinese Kuntao Silat, and had exposure to Bujinkan Ninpo Taijutsu, Aikido, U.S. Army Combatives, Gao-style Bagua Zhang, and other arts.

The flip side are the healing arts and they’ll make appearances here, too. I spent nine years as a combat medic and served with the infantry both in Desert Storm and Iraqi Freedom, and currently work as a cardiac telemetry technician at a VA hospital. I’ve dabbled with massage, reflexology, herbalism, and energetic healing.

My other blogs will embrace living life, family and a better world; matters relating to my writing career (in its infant stage), family history and genealogy, and other topics of personal interest; and the growing and cooking of good food and drink. Links are also listed in the right hand column.


Anyway. I hope you enjoy my blog. My mind runs in many directions. Explore. Relax. Make yourself at home. Let's talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment